Zurich NA Marine Claims Specialist II in Virtual, Georgia
Marine Claims Specialist II
Zurich North America is seeking a Marine Claims Specialist 2 to support Marine Claims group. This individual will handle Ocean Cargo, Hull and Liability marine claims.
With moderate direction, handles single and multi-party personal or commercial line claims of low to moderate exposure and complexity within specific limits of authority by following established protocols to ensure that claims are handled in the most efficient, effective way while delivering a customer-centric claims service.
Additional responsibilities may include :
• Document claims file by accurately capturing and updating claims data/information in compliance with best practices for low to moderate exposure and complexity personal or commercial line claims.
• Exercise judgement to determine liability by gathering and analyzing relevant facts; utilizing applicable law; establishing basic principles of negligence.
• Exercise judgment to determine policy verification and coverage determination by analyzing applicable coverage for claims and determining whether the loss falls within the coverage.
• Work to have a timely resolution to claims by developing case strategy; developing a case evaluation; escalating issues as appropriate.
• Establish timely reserves and perform ongoing review throughout claims cycle within authority limit by estimating and validating value of claims.
• Assess damages by calculating applicable damages or range of damages allowed by law.
• Negotiate settlement of claim by establishing appropriate negotiation strategy and utilizing available tools and resources within authority limits.
• Meet quality standards by following best practices.
• Ensure customer service by proactively communicating information; responding to inquiries; following customer protocols and may participating in customer marketing efforts.
• Manage expenses by working within vendor approved networks and managing scope of work assigned to outside contractors. Departs from approved vendors with manager approval, where in the best interests of the insured.
• Ensure legal compliance by following state and federal laws and regulations and internal control requirements.
• Refer claim to subrogation and fraud teams by identifying potential subrogation and fraud.
• Contribute to profitable growth by providing risk insight, information and trends to Business Unit or customer as needed.
• Protect Zurichs reputation by keeping claims information confidential.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, staying current with industry trends, establishing personal networks. And participating in professional societies.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Claims or Insurance area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice, including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in Claims or Insurance area
• Completion of Zurich Claims Training Program and 3 or more years of experience in the Claims or Insurance area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Claims or Insurance area
• Must obtain and maintain required adjuster license(s)
• Knowledge of insurance regulations, markets and products
• Microsoft Office experience
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
• Solid time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Experience collaborating in a team environment and building cross functional working relationships
• Adept in identifying and explaining complex financial and/or actuarial concepts.
• Ability to determine the scope and exposure for moderately complex claims
• Demonstrates understanding of the reserving process for indemnity and expense in analyzing the potential exposure of moderately complex claims
• Ability to develop and execute a negotiation strategy and plan for resolution
• Ability to identify subtleties in customer/client and/or business partner interactions
• Ability to present information necessary to propose a claim resolution to stakeholders.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here (https://www.zurichna.com/careers) to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Georgia Virtual Office, AM - New York, AM - Illinois Virtual Office, AM - Texas Virtual Office, AM - California Virtual Office, AM - Washington DC
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-MM1