Zurich NA Underwriter, Marine in Vancouver, British Columbia
Marine professional with demonstrated ability to generate and maintain profitable book of business in alignment with corporate vision and values.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 1 or more years of experience in the Insurance or Market Facing area. For SURETY POSITIONS ONLY: OR Finance, Accounting or Banking experience. For Financial Lines Public, Management Liability and FI: OR Accounting, Banking and Risk Management. For Cyber: OR IT, Cybersecurity Sales, Contract / Vendor Management.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Knowledge of the insurance industry and the legal and regulatory environment
• Knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
• 3+ years’ marine experience; university or college degree preferred
• Experience in Cargo insurance is preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to collaborate and negotiate internally and externally.
• Comfortability with digital and web based work environment.
• Energetic problem solver with ability to work effectively as part of a small team
• Some travel may be required nationally
• Quote and set coverage, negotiate terms and conditions, in compliance with Zurich Canada guidelines for new and renewal business. Analyze business submissions and negotiate terms; including but not limited to review of loss history, scope of company operations, financials and other relevant information In keeping with corporate strategies.
• Support the organization’s sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, broker and customers
• Assist with maintenance and establishment of broker relationships at national and regional level as part of company marketing plans. Understanding and promotion of Zurich marine capabilities including marketing calls to brokers, and prospective insureds as required by Marketing.
• Interaction and cooperation with other Lines of Business in order to ensure execution of Zurich’s commitment to provide superior customer service experience.
• Service accounts including LOB online platform(s).
• Assistance special projects on as needed basis to aid in Marine unit success.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
EOE Disability / Veterans