Zurich NA WTP - Medical Case Manager in Toronto, Ontario
WTP - Medical Case Manager
World Travel Protection Canada Inc. (WTP- a division of Zurich Canada Holdings) is a unique and specialised service provider with over 25 years of diverse industry experience including emergency medical, travel security, travel assistance services and solutions to clients all over the globe. We offer emergency assistance services 24/7/365 with highly trained personnel including medically qualified staff (doctors & nurses) and medical case management as well as logistics specialists. WTP provides full spectrum of Third Party Administration (TPA) services including claims management for the travel insurance industry. Over the years WTP has earned the reputation of a quality service provider. Thus, the name WTP has become synonymous with quality and dependability.
As a global assistance organization, we all belong to one global group with a shared goal of looking after our customers—their dreams, aspirations and the memories they are yet to make. We want to attract and retain talent that appreciates and can contribute to this aspiration. This is based on our core values of Optimism, Caring, Reliability, Determination and Togetherness. Throughout the pandemic that has impacted so many lives and industries, it has never been more clear that success through these core values is part of our DNA. If you share this type of outlook, perhaps you may find a good fit here at World Travel Protection.
At present we are looking for a Medical Case Manager to join our team at the Toronto Office (901 King Street West, Intersection - King Street & Strachan Avenue). The successful candidate should have relevant clinical experience founded upon sound medical knowledge, be customer oriented and able to take critical decisions within narrow time frames. We welcome applications from all prospective candidates who strongly believe that they have the desired skills & qualifications, and are equally passionate about serving our clients and customers.
A Medical Case Manager (MCM) provides clinical expertise to support emergency medical assistance services to customers travelling around the world. They collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including but not limited to; healthcare providers, underwriters and special vendors to ensure the overall management of a medical claim is in accordance with the terms & conditions of the insurance policy. A MCM coordinates the care plan in a manner that mitigates health risks as well as financial risks, and strategizes to contain costs without compromising quality of care. The overall objective is to provide outstanding services to our clients and customers, in alignment with company values, vision & mission, and in compliance with necessary regulatory obligations.
• Bachelors Degree and 2 or more years of experience in the Clinical In Medical, Surgical, Orthopedic, Neuro-Surgery area
• Case Management
*Vocational Rehabilitation Case Manager
• Bachelors Degree and 2 or more years of experience in the Medical area
• 2 or more years of disability of workers’ compensation experience as a rehabilitation counselor
• Certified in ergonomic assessment
Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (copy of license to be provided annually).
Desired Skills and Experience:
• At least 3 years of hospital experience in a clinical role
• Desirable Clinical Experience: Emergency Medicine & Trauma, Critical Care Medicine, Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopaedics, Surgery
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal):
• ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision
• ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders and build consensus
• Proficient in computer systems and applications including MS office
• Ability to meet tight timelines under pressure while delivering quality service
• Display high energy, passion and a positive attitude
• Own the results and willingly seek and accept personal accountability
• Seek opportunities to continuously learn about new products, policies and client priorities and their expectations
• Assign a high priority to customer service excellence and understand the value of customer satisfaction in driving success
• Be flexible and personally embrace change
• Accurate data entry skills including reasonable typing speed
• Flexible to work in shifts (night shifts if business needs require) and willing to be available for on-call duties (after-hours) as per business needs
• Fluent in additional languages, particularly French or Spanish
• Training/knowledge of Aerospace Medicine and Flight Physiology
• Knowledge of privacy acts: PIPEDA and HIPAA
• Previous Case Management experience
• Case Management certification, CRRN, CDMS, CCM or CRC
• Experience in travel insurance industry and/or managed care
• Experience in healthcare system of the United States & Canada
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
EOE Disability / Veterans