Zurich NA Underwriting Learning & Development Specialist in Toronto, Ontario
Underwriting Learning & Development Specialist
Zurich Canada is hiring a Senior Business Liaison to join our Technical Underwriting team, responsible for technical training and underwriter development.
In this role you will ensure central course curriculum and efforts align with and incorporate local business goals and requirements; articulate the training strategy established with the business unit and provide project support to business unit training contacts during their content development to best meet that articulated training strategy; and develop and deliver training content as a subject matter expert leveraging your strong underwriting expertise.
You will take a holistic approach to identifying learning opportunities, and will develop solutions, manage initiatives, and identify the resources and various disciplines needed to execute change.
You will provide methodologies and tools to sponsors and team members to support initiatives and institutionalize a culture that embraces learning, including creating timelines, agendas, goals and metrics/measurements and ensuring appropriate change management practices are effectively utilized throughout the lifecycle to ensure execution and delivery of results.
• Bachelors Degree and 7 or more years of experience in Underwriting
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 9 or more years of experience in Underwriting
• Experience in Organizational Effectiveness or Change Management
• Experience in the application of existing and/or change management methodologies and tools
• Project management experience
• in-depth knowledge of insurance industry with subject matter expertise in more than one functional insurance discipline; such as, Underwriting, Claims, Risk Engineering
• FCIP or other insurance designation
• Knowledge of underwriting philosophy and techniques, risk selection, rating, and pricing concepts and how these relate to profitability
• In-depth underwriting knowledge in one or more lines of business including underwriting procedures, and policy terms and conditions
• Knowledge of governance, and controls
• Advanced analytical, reporting, and problem solving skills
• Ability to think strategically
• Organizational, project facilitation skills
• Strong ability to multi-task
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in a team environment
• Results oriented
• Experience operating in a global function
Job Accountabilities - Key Accountabilities
• Ensures central course curriculum and efforts align with and incorporate local business goals and requirements;
• Articulates the training strategy established with the business unit and provides project support to business unit training contacts during their content development to best meet that articulated training strategy; and
• Develops and delivers training content as a subject matter expert leveraging strong underwriting expertise;
• Works with business unit/strategic support unit and/or Global Senior Leadership in the identification of business improvement opportunities, and acts as a catalyst to accelerate and drive the execution of solutions that integrate enterprise and business unit/strategic support unit strategic direction.
• Facilitates the strategic and/or tactical business planning process, and provides methodologies and tools to sponsors and teams to drive initiatives to intended results
• Facilitates team and provides methodologies and tools to drive initiatives to intended results, institutionalize the process and develop a culture that embraces change.
• Ensures specific metrics and measures incorporated into solutions reflect the business strategy, track progress, capture the impact of changes and identify further opportunities for improvement.
• Demonstrate an ability to create a 'win/win' solutions through leadership, influence, facilitation and teamwork.
• In the capacity of 'portfolio manager', demonstrates an awareness of all BU/SSU initiatives, understands where initiatives overlap and intersect, and provides a portfolio view of all change associated with the initiatives such that effective prioritization can occur at the BU/SSU level. Acts as a touch point for the enterprise project prioritization process.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
EOE Disability / Veterans