Zurich NA Sr. Automobile Underwriter in Toronto, Ontario
Sr. Automobile Underwriter
An exciting and unique underwriting opportunity for a forward-thinking Automobile Underwriter to analyze and underwrite new and renewal business under limited direction, utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels. Your growing knowledge of the Canadian marketplace, strong broker connections and interpersonal skills is highly valued in servicing this book of mid to large sized automobile risks. Must be proactive and detail oriented while maintaining high service levels and Zurich high underwriting standards.
What you will do:
• Underwrite and analyze new and renewal business utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting framework and within delegated authority levels on assignment of higher technical complexity and coordination.
• Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
• Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business-related needs, as appropriate.
• May provide guidance to lower-level associates.
• Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
• Supports the sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
• Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
• Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Make broker/customer and on-sight calls.
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account
• Proactively engage in the target account process.
• Serve as key Zurich contact for assigned target accounts.
• Anticipate customer needs, monitor trends in order to recommend changes.
What you bring to the table:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area.
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or
Underwriting Support area
• Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
• Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
EOE Disability / Veterans