Zurich NA Project Manager in Toronto, Ontario
This position focuses on projects of small to moderate size and complexity. Leading the project team, defines the business problem and formulates the project/systems scope and objectives. Utilizes a detailed understanding of insurance, processes, and business systems to drive the research and analysis of the defined problem, design the recommended solution, and implement the solution, addressing associated change management. Specific consulting responsibilities include facilitating operational transformation via strategic/industry perspectives acting as a thought partner with key business leaders, defining and structuring opportunities/projects to deliver the transformation strategy, leading these process reengineering and continuous improvement projects, e.g. LEAN/Six Sigma. Business systems integration responsibilities include leading the project team to deliver the business requirements and functional design of the system solution, full testing strategy and execution, vendor management, and serving as trusted business advisor between business and IT.
• Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Communications or Project Management area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Communications or Project Management area
• Experience in strategic and operational consulting or business systems integration
• Project Management Professional Certification
• In-depth, strong problem solving analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Insurance Industry Experience
• Canadian Guidewire Platform Experience
Experienced in managing projects within the Guidewire Product Suite (integrations, upgrades, mergers)
Align with organizational/strategic direction that affects project goals and objectives
Define project scope, objectives and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
Resolve resource constraints and/or conflicts that affect multiple projects within the program
Resolve issues and change management within a shared governance structure
Guide teams on Agile best practices and make changes to delivery practices as required
Develop project plans and associated communications documents to an appropriate level of detail
Identify and proactively manage project risks and issues
Participate/drive inception workshops and lead Agile ceremonies.
Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
Develop and deliver status reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
Proactively manage changes in project scope, and devise contingency plans
Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
Builds and owns relationships with management and business partners as appropriate throughout the project cycle.
Collaborate with project teams & stakeholders; both internal and external to Zurich
Leads and executes the solution design (including metrics and measures) and implementation, including associated change management activities.
Leads post-implementation review and share findings for continuous improvement.
Establishes project direction, defines key results, develops plans, establishes goals, and identifies critical success factors.
Partner with key business leaders to develop the operational transformation strategy.
Provides thought leadership in area of expertise (e.g., underwriting) to develop strategy.
Leads and drives future state design.
Acts as a business improvement SME to the enterprise.
Manages vendor engagements.
Participates and guides business in prioritization of system enhancements.
Manages prioritization of process/system issues working with business and partners on the solutions.
• Strong knowledge of information security concepts and security trends and practices
Contribute to the design, implementation and adoption of DevSecOps principles, tools and practices. This includes integrating security into build automation, deployment automation, test automation, SDLC orchestration, environment management, monitoring, and production release procedures
Five or more years experience in network and system engineering for on premise, hybrid and cloud solutions
Five or more years experience in the Application security domain and an ability to build effective Secure SDLC Programs to achieve the benefits that DevSecOps can offer
Experience with different solution delivery / implementation methodologies (i.e. waterfall, RUP, ASCEND, Agile, etc.)
Experience with different continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) tooling (i.e. JIRA, GitHub, BitBucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, ServiceNow, etc.)
Experience implementing security monitoring, logging, and alerting
Experience with information security frameworks and best practices (i.e CIS. NIST, RFC2196, etc.)
Knowledge of windows and linux patch management and related security functions (authentication, encryption, SSL, etc.)
Comprehension in the security areas of Key Management Systems, Certificate Management, Encryption, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning, Security and Monitoring tools, etc.
Container Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes deployments)
Experience with real time security monitoring/scanning tools like Splunk
Good knowledge of Cyber Security architecture solutions and principles Privileged Access models.
• Partners with local stakeholders (e.g. IT functions, Risk, Compliance, Audit, and business leaders) to align IT security strategies.
• Provide consultancy on project and services to support mitigation of risk and control implementation leading to effective risk management.
• Provides guidance on applying and improving relevant group policies and standards such as Zurich Risk Policy, and Group Operations & Technology Bluebook resulting in compliance to group minimum standards.
• Assists complex local or regional projects to identify and align business and technical security requirements, design security controls and test their effectiveness ensuring the product implemented addresses both business and security needs.
• Drives implementation of IT security, risk and compliance technologies leading to an overall reduction of risk and carries out control assurance for IT service providers, ensuring control implementation and identifying broader systemic issues.
• Develops and leads risk awareness campaigns, raising engagement with end users in alignment with local requirements.
• Provides regional support and coordination for audit and other assurance processes.
• Provides consultancy on applying and improving security architecture and product standards enabling optimization.
• Regional support of policy and standards exceptions leading to higher adoption rates.
• Provides regional support and coordination for security response processes including vulnerability management, incident response and forensics leading to timely and accurate remediation.
• Follow defined security policies and guidelines to ensure information security, and highlight any potential discrepancy.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
EOE Disability / Veterans