Zurich NA Processing Technician II in Toronto, Ontario
Processing Technician II
Register and process new business submissions in the Customer Relationship Management system adhering to prescribed service level agreements and timelines."
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and No prior experience required in the Underwriting area
• Excellent customer service skills
• Advanced data entry skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Experience working in a high volume, production environment
• Detail oriented
Job Accountabilities - Key Accountabilities
Enter or retrieve policy information and input routine and non- routine entries and transactions.
Access various systems to input data and compile information and reports for internal customers.
Electronically process insurance submissions, using internal computer systems.
Distribute mail and work.
Perform simple calculations and standardized computations.
Electronically file and index documents.
Operate office equipment, such as scanners, and perform related tasks such as document indexing.
Review and process policy changes and make correction entries to policies.
Research and correct routine, or more complex, system errors.
Type and/or process a variety of filings, forms and letters, to comply with legal requirements.
Carry out the more complex regulatory reporting in the department.
Maintain knowledge of state filings.
Respond promptly and accurately to requests for information.
Reconcile discrepancies, perform self-check of own work, and check the work of others, especially that of more junior staff, and perform general quality control functions, as needed.
Act as ´go to´ person within the department, because of knowledge and specialized skills attained.
Process all work within department standards.
Work on special projects, as assigned, some of which are complex.
Process and codes documents on one or more systems.
Lay out and prepares reports, to include statistical reports.
Service the needs of customers.
Support others who maintain relationships with customers.
Recognize and respond to or refer opportunities.
Identify and resolve problems by referring to policies, procedures, standards.
Continually improve unit performance by analyzing and recommending enhancements to technical procedures
• Create regular and accurate reports in standard formats to enable project teams to monitor and evaluate performance against plan.
• Develop a practical understanding of how processes and systems in own area of work relate to the management of risk and compliance.
• Prepare documents, presentations and other materials to a clear brief, using established formats and standard software so that underwriters may make decisions.
• Provide feedback and recommendations for improvement of processes and systems.
• Create regular and accurate reports in standard formats to enable managers to monitor and evaluate customer service standards.
• Provide basic procedural advice to internal clients to ensure that internal standards are adhered to.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
EOE Disability / Veterans