Zurich NA Manager Field Operations I in Toronto, Ontario
Manager Field Operations I
Zurich Canada is currently looking for a Manager FieldOperations who has experiencewith insurance risk control programs.
The successful candidate will be both an Account Engineer and Field Engineer managing multiple accounts. They will be responsible to work with our underwriting partners to manage Zurich’s portfolio risk quality, support selected customer risk control programs, coordinate and conduct site risk assessments, develop account analysis and coordinate stewardship meetings, following Zurich global technical standards as well as recognized national/international codes.
Contribute to the Risk Services team through development of technical papers; participating in subject matter expert groups, mentoring junior engineers; shared knowledge.
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best and most impactful global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day, and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
•Bachelor's Degree and 8 or more years of experience in Property Risk Engineering area.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in Property Risk Engineering.
• Zurich Certified Apprentice, including anAssociate's degree and 8 or more years of experience in Property Risk Engineering.
• Knowledge of exposures, controls and best practice risk improvement
• Fire Protection College Diploma or equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Insurance Risk Control area.
• Previous experience conducting/coordinating site risk assessments and managing accounts.
• Knowledgeable of complex risks (manufacturing, pulp and paper, steel and aluminum, forestry, energy, chemical, etc.)
• Experience with applicable codes and standards (NFPA, FM, National/Provincial Fire Codes, etc.)
• Active management of risk improvement actions to help improve the risk profile of a customer.
• Proficient presentation skills (small & large groups; internal and external)
• Self-sufficient with time management skills; ability to work with KPIs; self-disciplined to working remotely with minimal supervision.
• Expert knowledge of exposures, controls and best practice risk improvement.
• High level customer management skills set.
• Previous experience conducting Machinery Breakdown risk assessments is a strong asset.
• Bilingual is a strong asset.
• Capable of national travel (as necessary) – 25%+ .
• Assess the risk quality of our large property portfolio related to property and business interruption as described in the appropriate standard(s) and related competency level , and assess loss potentials in accordance with agreed definitions.
• Support external customers by identifying operational hazards, level of exposure and evaluating existing controls, based on Zurich’s assessment methodologies.
• Conduct account engineering activities and provide business partners with account analysis and risk insights.
• Provide risk improvement actions based on NFPA or other applicable standards, oriented to improve the quality of risk of individual locations and on an overall account basis.
• Represents the Canada in global technical center teams and contributes to the development of global technical standards and training offerings in own area of expertise.
• Support the deployment of technical training initiatives.
• Participates in line of business or industry specific technical reviews.
• Provides technical support to other risk engineers, involved in the delivery of risk assessment and risk improvement services to customers and business partners.
• Act as a key technical authority in their area of risk.
• Responsible for Line of Business specific technical updates and maintenance of organizational knowledge.
• Provide effective advice on risk management issues to external customers and internal business partners.
• Participate in loss investigations.
• Participate in competency management activities, including the monitoring of mentoring activities and competency
• Ability to work within a national team; assisting colleagues; sharing knowledge; engaged participation in projects.
EOE Disability / Veterans