Zurich NA Intern - Summer in Toronto, Ontario
Intern - Summer
We are looking for summer students in various areas of the business, to provide support with projects and tasks to support the business. The ideal candidate is a college/university student.
• Two or more years of college coursework (should be a rising Junior or Senior) and No prior experience required in the Administrative area within the Insurance industry.
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher
• Microsoft Office experience
• Problem solving skills in customer focused environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in a leadership role
• Provide general project support.
• Support the daily business.
• Abiltiy to work individually or in a team and follow the instructions of their supervisor.
• In some cases, they will have to do field work and interact with customers or clients.
• Some interns may need to help the company with in-depth research and filing of records.
• Interns may need to participate in projects and follow deadlines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Add. Job Functions:
• To work toward and deliver objectives.
• Operational Efficiency.
• Customer Satisfaction.
• Compliance (includes data quality).
• Deliver tasks that follow set procedures to ensure adherence to the company´s risk and compliance policies.
• Organize information according to procedures by filing, data entry, checking/matching data, etc. to ensure accurate records are maintained.
• Provide feedback relating to the quality and efficiency of processes and systems in own area of work to improve their performance.
• Provide excellent customer service to contribute to a positive and supportive team culture and customer feedback.
• Manage administration tasks as required in a friendly, courteous and professional manner to support the functioning of the department/team.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
EOE Disability / Veterans