Zurich NA Senior Employee Relations Consultant in Tallahassee, Florida
Senior Employee Relations Consultant
Zurich is looking for a Senior Employer Relations Consultant. In this exciting opportunity you will leverage your human resources knowledge and business acumento provide subject matter expertise and act as a primary point of contact for managers and employees by providing advice, counsel, and analysis of Employee Relation issues of a moderate to high complexity, including performance management, misconduct, employment terminations, investigations, policy interpretation, best practices, and personal issues that affect employees in the workplace.
Location: virtual within the U.S
As a Senior Employer Relations Consultant you will be responsible to:
• Consult with managers and employees, within an assigned group, on a broad range of moderately to highly complex employee relations issues.
• Ensure resolution of alleged violations of company policies by researching, conducting fact finding interviews, analyzing facts, documenting, and consulting with CoEs, business leaders and Practice Leads.
• Assist with the due diligence and logistics responsibilities associated with organizational changes that impact the company; participate in notifications to employees.
• Identify and analyze organizational trends and partner with the team to bring about the best solutions for the organization.
• Provide input into the development of procedures.
• Collaborate with Employment Relations (ER) team regarding best practices for assigned ER issues/topics.
Additional Job Functions
• May represent the organization at legal and administrative proceedings, and will investigate and assist in preparing responses to specific employee and attorney demands in consultation with Practice Lead on direction, resolution and finalization of responses.
• Conduct research and is a key partner with internal and external legal counsel and other Centers of Expertise on Employee Relations issues.
• Participate on Employee Relations and other Human Resources Center of Expertise project teams and conducts Human Resources related training.
• Translate business objectives into clearly defined business cases, costs or schedules in order to support achievement of Employee Relations.
• May lead the implementation of local Employee Relations and/or Human Resources projects or monitor and control allocated human and material resources assigned to a Human resources project work ensuring the project/s are delivered according to schedule.
• Supervise and quality-assure the drafting of key Employee Relations documents to ensure full compliance to the Organization´s rules and regulations governing transactions and aligned to the organization strategy.
• Analyze key themes from a wide range of data sources in order to identify how different scenarios may impact upon their area of responsibility and how to support the business driving improvement regarding Employee Relations matters.
• Contribute to the development of Employee Relations processes and lead the implementation of systems and process improvements in own area.
• Advise and support line management and employees in HR processes to ensure alignment across the organization. • Interpret, adapt and execute Human Resources strategy to support local needs i.e. how can policies/regulation/legislation be satisfactorily applied to their country.
• Support key recruitment and activity within area of responsibility under the guidance of the senior and/or Global HRBP and the HR country head to ensure appropriate talent in the organization.
• Implement HR strategy in support of global initiatives to build and maintain positive relationships with the local leadership team and other internal / external stakeholders. Build external networks within and outside the financial services/ insurance in
• Leads the identification and analysis of organizational trends, legal regulations and compliance issues and will partner with HR Management/CoEs, and business leaders to bring about the best solutions for the organization.
Bachelors Degree and 7 or more years of experience in the Employee Relations Practitioner areaOR
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 9 or more years of experience in the Employee Relations Practitioner areaOR
Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 7 or more years of experience in the Employee Relations Practitioner area
- Experience handling and directing others regarding employee relations issues and investigations
Experience with restructures and acquisitions, investigation, ADA laws/practice disciplines, and corrective action/other claims and charges
Insurance industry experience
Business acumen that includes general operational processes, financial management and business planning knowledge
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to independently identify and analyze issues and develop appropriate solutions and plans of action
Strong ability to influence decision-making through diplomacy
HR consulting and leadership in conflict resolution, performance management, negotiations, and investigations
Effective project management skills
Strong organization and prioritization skills
Strong facilitation skills
Strong ability to partner and build credibility at all levels
Strong problem-solving skills
Professional certification in Human Resources, e.g., PHR, GPHR, SPHR , CIPD or similar
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please clickhere (https://www.zurichna.com/careers) to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Remote Work (US), AM - Schaumburg, AM - Chicago, AM - Illinois Virtual Office
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-AW1