Zurich NA IT Infrastructure Specialist III in Schaumburg, Illinois
IT Infrastructure Specialist III
Zurich North America is currently looking for an IT Infrastructure and Operations Specialist. This role will ideally be based out of our corporate headquarters in Schaumburg, IL. The position can also be located in Owings Mills, MD or Overland Park, KS.
As an IT Infrastructure and Operations Specialist, you will Provide expertise for various aspects of IT infrastructure. This includes being a trusted advisor for business and IT, providing clear technology and process direction to stakeholders, reviewing internal and external supplier proposals and quotations, and performing the technical validation of supplier solutions to ensure that they are in line with company technology standards.
• Integrate into the Zurich North America Infrastructure and Operations team.
• Collaborate with Zurich’s global IT shared services teams on large infrastructure project planning.
• Collaborate with 3rd party support partner companies to implement and support IT infrastructure.
• Provide oversight to Zurich’s infrastructure outsourcing partners.
• Interface with various application development teams to ensure proper infrastructure is implemented to support the business application environment.
• Focus on IT infrastructure resiliency and availability.
• Provide appropriate Zurich IT input when meeting with data center infrastructure outsourcing suppliers
• Engage in technical planning sessions to ensure appropriate IT infrastructure will be implemented
• Engage in troubleshooting calls hosted by Zurich’s Enterprise Command Center as needed
• Review and improve various IT metrics reports and identify reporting improvement opportunities
• Work independently and with suppliers to ensure critical system availability, capacity, etc.
• Adhere to all Zurich ITIL processes.
• Participate in IT operations incident on-call schedule.
• Collaborates with peers and suppliers about operational activities and large infrastructure implementations.
• Acts as point of contact with other IT functions and third-party suppliers relevant to the respective role.
• Assists in the planning, coordination, and scheduling of impactful system maintenance activities.
• Participates in change management for the relevant infrastructure components.
• Reviews methods, tools and standards to maintain data center and/or network availability and performance.
• Educates and trains new Zurich data center infrastructure operations team members
• Bachelors degree and 5 or more years of experience in the information technology area
• Zurich Cybersecurity Technician Apprentice, including Associate Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the information technology area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the information technology area
• MS Office experience
• Knowledge of information technology operations
• Must possess working knowledge of multiple IT infrastructure technologies.
• Must have background in 2 or more of the following:
Backup/Recovery (e.g. Networker, TSM)
VMware / Virtualization
Network, data replication
ServiceNow (interfaces, discovery, CMDB, etc)
Dell/EMC storage platforms
• Must be comfortable presenting information to IT Sr. leadership
• Ability to work outside comfort zone where unfamiliar technologies are included
• Working knowledge of MS Teams, Outlook, Sharepoint, OneDrive
• Working knowledge of tools such as Splunk, Tanium
• Disaster Recovery design, implementation, and annual exercises
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here (https://www.zurichna.com/careers) to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Schaumburg, AM - Overland Park, AM - Owings Mills
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time