Zurich NA External Communications Internship (Summer 2024) in Schaumburg, Illinois
External Communications Internship (Summer 2024)
Zurich North America is looking for an External Communications Intern to work out of our North American Headquarters in Schaumburg, IL for the summer of 2024 within our Communications team.
External Communications protects and enhances Zurich’s brand and reputation by generating dialogue with key influencers on topics of interest to Zurich and the insurance industry while supporting the successful execution of our strategy.
The intern will devote 60% of their time working on social media. The other 40% will be devoted to working on other external communications activities, such as writing and media & public relations.
The primary projects the intern will accomplish over the summer:
Learn to schedule and post content for Zurich North America social media channels
Learn how to social listen for mentions of Zurich on social media channels and then triage messages for response
Write social media posts about Zurich key messages
Write articles and news releases, working alongside External Communications team members
Help manage the External Communications Editorial Calendar
Skills the intern will develop/learn over the summer:
How to write corporate communications for social media, websites and publications
How to create email communications for internal and external stakeholders
How to post to various social media platforms
How to use a content management system
Best practices for managing multiple projects on time
The external communications intern will receive guidance from senior communications professionals on best practices for writing effective communications tailored for particular audiences.
Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication or Journalism related field
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program and will be enrolled in the fall of 2024
Two or more years of college coursework (should be a rising Junior or Senior) and no prior years of experience required in the Administrative area
Microsoft Office experience
Be legally eligible to work in the U.S. indefinitely
Minimum cumulative GPA average of 3.0 (current GPA reported by your school)
Strong written and oral communication skills
Knowledge of writing, posting and managing social media channels
Openness to work on a variety of projects and try new things
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time ( https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq ).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please clickhere (https://www.zurichna.com/careers) to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI