Zurich NA Senior Construction Professional Liability Claims Specialist- Hybrid in Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Senior Construction Professional Liability Claims Specialist- Hybrid
Zurich North America is seeking a Senior Construction Professional Liability Claims Specialist- Hybrid to support Claims organization, with moderate direction, handles single and multi-party litigated and non-litigated commercial line claims of high exposure and complexity within specific limits of authority by following established protocols to ensure that claims are handled in the most efficient, effective way while delivering a customer-centric claims service.
At Zurich North America Claims we acknowledge that work life-balance and flexibility are a priority when it comes to choosing your next career move. Designed with our employees' needs in mind, the ZNA Claims hybrid work model emphasizes flexibility, allowing claims employees to conduct individual work in their preferred location, while facilitating in-person connections and collaborative activities when meaningful and valuable. While the model provides a high level of flexibility and autonomy, occasional circumstances requiring in-office attendance should be expected.
If you are ready for a career move, consider working for a company with a global footprint that offers an excellent work/life balance, terrific benefits including an incentive plan, 401K match and a second 401K company contribution, flexible work options, summer hours and a great culture.
• Document claims file by accurately capturing and updating claims data/information in compliance with best practices for high exposure and complexity Construction Professional line claims.
• Exercise judgement to determine liability by gathering and analyzing relevant facts; utilizing applicable law; establishing basic principles of negligence.
• Exercise judgment to determine policy verification and coverage determination by analyzing applicable coverage for claims and determining whether the loss falls within the coverage.
• Work to have a timely resolution to claims by developing case strategy; developing a case evaluation; escalating issues as appropriate.
• Establish timely reserves and perform ongoing review throughout claims cycle within authority limit by estimating and validating value of claims.
• Assess damages by calculating applicable damages or range of damages allowed by law.
• Negotiate settlement of claim by establishing appropriate negotiation strategy and utilizing available tools and resources within authority limits.
• Ensure customer service by proactively communicating information; responding to inquiries; following customer protocols and may participating in customer marketing efforts.
• Manage expenses by working within vendor approved networks and managing scope of work assigned to outside contractors. Departs from approved vendors with manager approval, where in the best interests of the insured.
• Ensure legal compliance by following state and federal laws and regulations and internal control requirements.
• Refer claim to subrogation and fraud teams by identifying potential subrogation and fraud.
• Contribute to profitable growth by providing risk insight, information and trends to Business Unit or customer as needed.
• Protect Zurich’s reputation by keeping claims information confidential.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, staying current with industry trends, establishing personal networks. And participating in professional societies.
Bachelor’s Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims and/ or Litigation Management area.OR
Juris Doctor and 2 or more years of experience in the Claims and/ or Litigation Management area.OR
Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice, including an Associate Degree with 6 or more years of experience in the Claims and/ or Litigation Management area.OR
Completion of Zurich Claims Training Program and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims and/ or Litigation Management area.OR
High School Diploma Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims and/ or Litigation Management area.AND
Must obtain and maintain required adjuster license(s)
Microsoft Office experience • Knowledge of insurance regulations, markets and products
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
Experience collaborating in a team environment and building cross functional working relationships
Proactively shares and promotes sharing of insights
Ability to gather unique perspectives from other teams/functions to optimize outcomes.
Understands, analyzes, and applies the component parts of an insurance policy for complex claims
Ability to follow reserving process for indemnity and expense in analyzing the potential exposure of complex claims
Ability to determine the scope and exposure for complex claims
Ability to leverage trend and relationships to provide high-quality customer service
Well-versed in identifying, understanding and explaining complex financial and/or actuarial trends/concepts.
Ability to effectively communicate coverage determinations to customers/clients/brokers for complex claims
Ability to direct counsel on an ongoing basis to guide the course of complex litigation and settlement strategies
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please clickhere (https://www.zurichna.com/careers) to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Schaumburg, AM - Atlanta, AM - New York, AM - Overland Park, AM - Dallas, AM - Chicago, AM - Parsippany, AM - Rancho Cordova, AM - Addison, AM - Omaha, AM - Owings Mills, AM - Rocky Hill, AM - Boston, AM - Woodland Hills, AM - Sacramento
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-DG1