Zurich NA Direct Markets National Account Manager - West in Phoenix, Arizona
Direct Markets National Account Manager - West
Your work at Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, we have over 148 years of experience, serve more than 25 industries, and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities so you can reach your full potential and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. With the support of people like you, we are optimistic about leading the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
To refer an internal employee for this position, please click here (https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=unI2RwfNcUOirniLTGGEDikWGkdyfFNNkIWHI1EFud1UNVZDNktFUEdCR1dGRUY4S1RIN1ZENzhVSC4u) to submit your referral’s information.
To refer an external candidate for this position, please leverage the Refer Friend to a Job (https://znaintranet.zurichna.com/teamsite/chz/our-people/Pages/refer-someone-to-a-job-opening.aspx) process .
The overall strategy of national oversight has produced significant results and our team is growing in order to continue our steady track record of success. This National Account Manager will work closely with the Divisional Vice President for the West Division, our select Agents and Brokers, as well as the field force of Area Sales Managers and Regional Producers to continue to execute the proven sales and service strategy initiatives of the National account segment of Direct Markets for the Western Region of the U.S..
This National Account Manager will continue to successfully drive new business, maintain high profile relationships with Large Dealer Accounts (Mega) and develop strategic relationships outside of the Zurich Organization. The primary responsibility will be to drive growth and profitability within their assigned territory through effective risk selection, pricing, negotiation, sales, retention and quality service of these accounts.
The ideal candidate should have a track record of sales success, leadership capabilities, as well as a solid understanding of Underwriting, Claims, and Pricing as they relate to our production goals.
National Account Manager Key Accountabilities:
• Build, develop and maintain relationships with agreed National Accounts and develop strategic (board level to board level) relationships with specified accounts gaining panel positions, where relevant.
• Work with and build effective relationships with local Zurich sales office to promote and support the local development of National Accounts on their panel to maximize opportunities.
• Build an effective network of key Zurich staff – Home Office and Regional – and gain their buy-in for account needs.
• Negotiate the organization’s cost and attendance at conferences, seminars, training events and other meetings to promote such events and to attend as appropriate.
• Ensure high standard of corporate governance and regulatory compliance, including Treating Customers Fairly to maintain corporate standards.
• Ensure the organization is able to account for the needs and views of National Accounts both at a product and strategic level to maintain good relationships.
• Communicate effectively with the accounts and their members via the relevant medium – e-mail/intranet/newsletter to maintain good relationships.
• Communicate opportunities effectively to relevant Zurich distribution to maximise business win.
• Ensure the timely and effective resolution of all complaints and service issues for allocated accounts to maintain good relationships.
• Understand and respond to changing technology/IT requirements of accounts and gain internal buy-in to maintain good relationships.
**NOTE: This position is a virtual position and can be located anywhere in the Western U.S.
The ideal candidate should have access to a large airport for efficient travel purposes.
• Bachelors Degree and 7 or more years of experience in the Outside Sales function
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 9 or more years of experience in the Outside Sales function
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 7 or more years of experience in the Outside Sales function
• Manage customer relationships
• Contract and Customer Negotiation skills
• Collaboration with both internal and external stake holders
• Strong Leadership skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong time management skills
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of peer competitor’s products
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here (https://www.zurichna.com/careers) to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Arizona Virtual Office, AM - California Virtual Office, AM - Colorado Virtual Office, AM - Kansas Virtual Office, AM - Texas Virtual Office
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-LB1