Zurich NA AVP, Middle Markets Underwriting Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
AVP, Middle Markets Underwriting Manager
Zurich is currently looking for an AVP, Middle Markets Underwriting Manager to support our team in the Mid-Atlantic from Philadelphia! Middle Markets is a key business segment in the US Commercial Insurance organization within Zurich and we are focused on attracting top customer advocates who possess a sales mindset, strong technical underwriting skills and solution focused problem-solving abilities. Our industry focus includes (not limited to) Financial Institutions, General Industries, Manufacturing, Technology, and Real Estate. Zurich Middle Markets offers end to end solutions for our customers inclusive of international programs. This is an exciting time to join Middle Markets at Zurich!
In this role you will manage a team of underwriters ranging in experience level. You will be expected to travel as necessary to support the needs of the team and to cultivate key broker relationships within the designated territory. This is a critical role in driving an engaging team culture and designing ongoing training and development. This role requires a strong technical, staff development and sales execution mindset.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- 2 or more years of staff management or portfolio management with leadership experience (formal or informal)
Strong underwriting acumen and expertise in commercial multi-line package accounts
Broker relationships in the Mid-Atlantic region
Advanced knowledge of product lines and insurance industry
Excellent communication skills
Excellent skills in relationship building
Strong presentation skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time
Relocation Available Yes
Job Posting 10/03/19
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 190007R8
It is the Policy of Zurich in North America, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best-qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status.