Zurich NA AVP, Cyber Risk Engineering in Honolulu, Hawaii
AVP, Cyber Risk Engineering
Zurich is seeking an AVP, Cyber Risk Engineering . This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. In this role you will manage the technical direction of the Cyber team within Risk Engineering. In this role you will serve to set the business strategy for Risk Engineering, working closely with Specialty Products and Product Underwriting. You will be managing a team who will work closely with our business partners to provide them with assessment of risk quality of cybersecurity defenses, data breach preparedness and information risk management practices of our customers and prospects. You will also work with our business partners and customers determining the types of assessment/improvement our customers need. In addition, you will be tasked with developing a strategy to sell Risk Engineering services to our existing customer base. Further, we see this role as having global footprint, working with the Zurich’s Cyber Risk Engineering Teams globally as well as our Global Risk Engineering Leadership Teams.
This role will entail:
• Develop the services delivered by the Risk Engineering team ensuring they are strategically aligned to business objectives.
• Effective leadership of multiple teams of remote technical risk specialists.
• Plans, recruits, and assigns resources to assist underwriters with proposals and budgeting for prospects.
• Provides project management and resource planning.
• Facilitates communications and integration between Claims, Risk Engineering, and Underwriting.
• Manages Risk Engineering travel and service expense through effective scheduling.
• Monitors potential changes in regulatory and compliance climate in territory and assesses impact on account service and resourcing.
• Participates in projects related to service delivery, satisfaction, and quality.
• Identifies developmental needs to service the work in territory of responsibility.
• Conducts field audits to provide coaching, and improve zonal activities, workflow, and performance.
• Responsible for resolving technical issues within area of responsibility.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area
• Expert knowledge of exposures, controls, and best practice risk improvement methodologies
• People management experience
• Insurance industry certification
Compensation for roles at Zurich varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by local law, Zurich provides in good faith a reasonable range of compensation for roles. For additional information about our Total Rewards, click here (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/benefits) . Other rewards may include short term incentive bonuses and merit increases. Candidates with salary expectations outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill, and education. The salary provided is a nationwide market range and has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled. The starting salary range for this position is$124,400.00 - $203,600.00.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time ( https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq ).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please clickhere (https://www.zurichna.com/careers) to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - New Jersey Virtual Office, AM - Remote Work (US)
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-KJ1 #LI-DIRECTOR