Zurich NA Middle Markets Underwriting Manager in Cleveland, Ohio
Middle Markets Underwriting Manager
Zurich is currently looking for a Middle Markets Underwriting Manager to support our Great Lakes team from Cleveland! Our Middle Markets Underwriting Manager will manage a team of seven market facing/production underwriters ranging in experience levels from junior to senior. This Middle Markets Underwriting Manager will be expected to travel as necessary to support the needs of the team and to cultivate key global broker relationships across the Great Lakes region with focus in Pittsburgh, Detroit and Cleveland.
As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will manage an underwriting unit and aid in making appropriate underwriting decisions. This is a critical role in driving an engaging team culture and designing ongoing training and development. The Middle Markets Underwriting Manager is expected to be highly visible in the market. This role requires a strong technical, staff development and sales execution mindset.
High Level Influencer Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on influencing or negotiating with external contacts on strategic impact matters. Relationships typically involve persuading or countering opposition, often with vendor representatives or senior management level customers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in underwriting, insurance sales, brokerage or market facing area within the commercial insurance industry
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- 2 or more years of management experience including territory/portfolio management, leadership and/or mentorship experience
Strong leadership/staff management
Strong underwriting acumen and expertise in commercial multi line package accounts
Advanced knowledge of product lines and insurance industry
Excellent communication skills
Excellent skills in relationship building
Strong presentation skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cleveland
Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time
Relocation Available Yes
Job Posting 08/01/18
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 180006GL
It is the Policy of Zurich in North America, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best-qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status.