Zurich NA Wholesale Umbrella, Excess Regional Underwriting Manager- Western Zone in Chicago, Illinois
Wholesale Umbrella, Excess Regional Underwriting Manager- Western Zone
Zurich is currently looking for a Regional Underwriting Manger to lead our Western Zone Umbrella and Excess team from Houston or Chicago! Our Western Zone team is growing and expanding their underwriting talent resulting in an exciting time to join the Excess Casualty group!Zurich is recognized as a market leader in Excess Casualty and Umbrellaand we are focused on attracting top customer advocates who possess a sales mindset, strong technical underwriting skills and solution focused problem-solving abilities.
In this role you will manage a team of skilled production Underwriters. You will be expected to travel as necessary to support the needs of the team and to cultivate key broker relationships within the Western Zone (20%). This is a critical role in driving an engaging team culture. This role requires a strong technical, staff development and sales execution mindset.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance industry
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance industry
• Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance industry
• Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance industry
• 2 or more years of staff management or portfolio management with leadership experience (formal or informal)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong underwriting acumen and expertise in the umbrella and excess space
• Broker relationships across the Western Zone (including South, West Coast, and Midwest broker partners)
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent skills in relationship building
• Strong presentation skills
• Results oriented
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here (https://www.zurichna.com/careers) to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Houston, AM - Chicago
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-KH1 #LI-HYBRID