Zurich NA Underwriting Account Associate I in Chicago, Illinois
Underwriting Account Associate I
Zurich is currently hiring an Underwriting Account Associate to join the Underwriting team!
As an Underwriting Account Associate you will support the Large Property - Marine team. Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking abilities are required in this position. This position can be based at our New York, NY or Chicago, IL office.
Underwriting Associates are charged with a variety of tasks including:
Working collaboratively with assigned underwriters.
Communicating directly with both internal and external customers via phone and email.
Issuing new policies, renewals, endorsements and handling billing and other service type issues.
• Bachelors Degree and No prior experience required in the Administrative or Customer Service or Data Entry or Financial Services or Risk Management area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Administrative or Customer Service or Data Entry or Financial Services or Risk Management area
• Some travel may be required
• Underwriting/underwriting operations, claims, risk management or premium audit experience
• Experience with data collection and analysis
• Excellent customer service orientation and communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of processing, rating and policy issuance systems
• Detail oriented
• Organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
• Mastery of processing, rating and policy issuance systems
• Service the needs of customers.
•Support others who maintain relationships with customers.
• Respond to inquiries quickly and completely, provide status updates.
• Recognize and respond to or refer opportunities.
• Identify and resolve problems by referring to policies, procedures, standards.
• Continually improve unit performance by analyzing and recommending enhancements to technical procedures.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here (https://www.zurichna.com/careers) to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vets
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Primary Location: AM - New York, AM - Chicago
Remote working: true
Schedule: Full Time