Zurich NA Claims Crop Field Adjuster - CAT in Bismarck, North Dakota
Claims Crop Field Adjuster - CAT
Zurich/RCIS is currently looking for a Catastrophe Crop Adjuster to join our team. This is a great opportunity to showcase your subject matter expertise and crop claims adjusting experience in support of the ZNA/RCIS agriculture customer base for the North Central States with their most complex, critical losses.
In this role, your primary accountabilities will include:
Complete field inspections and related responsibilities such as reading maps and aerial photos, measuring field and storage bins, and discussing findings of crop loss with farmers
Perform fact finding regarding crop damage; record information and transmit loss information to accurately determine potential damages
Provide excellent service to our customers – both agents and policyholders (farmers)
Utilize company software to electronically transmit claims information directly from the field to RCIS to ensure claims are processed timely and accurately
Follow regulatory and company rules, policies and procedures
When on a CAT deployment, it may be necessary to work significant overtime which can include 7 days per week and/or 8-10 hours per day
You will work from a home-based office when not traveling to CAT events. At least 50% travel is expected in this role.
To optimize the capabilities of the CAT organization and its support to our customers, it is preferred that this individual be in North or South Dakota, Minnesota, Illinois or Wisconsin.
RCIS provides insurance and superior services through leading agents to protect America’s farmers and ranchers. It’s been an innovator in crop insurance since the crop insurance business was privatized by the federal government in 1980. Today it’s one of the nation’s largest crop insurance providers, offering risk management protection in all 50 states through a national network of about 4,000 professionally trained and licensed agents.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more months of experience in the agricultural area
• Crop Adjuster Proficiency Program Certification (CAPP) certified
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• RCIS Crop Adjuster Physical Requirements: walk in agricultural fields up to 3 miles, climb agricultural storage bins up to 25 feet, lift 25 lbs to 50 lbs, work outdoors in varying temperatures/weather conditions.
2 or more years of multi-peril crop and hail adjusting experience with RCIS
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Strong organization and prioritization skills
Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
• Completes field inspections and related responsibilities such as reading maps and aerial photos, measuring fields, storage bins, discussing findings of crop loss with farmers.
• Performs fact finding regarding crop damage, records information and transmits loss information to accurately determine potential indemnities.
• Capture and update claims data/information in compliance with best practices
• Gather relevant facts, utilizing applicable law and establishing basic principles of negligence.
• Collect data and document in established system to facilitate the accurate assessment and value of claims.
• Work to have a timely resolution to claims by developing case strategy, developing a case evaluation, escalating issues as appropriate and providing status updates to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Assess damages by calculating applicable damages or range of damages allowed by law.
• Ensure customer service by proactively communicating information, responding to inquiries and following required protocols.
• Ensure legal compliance by following state and federal laws and regulations and internal control requirements.
• Protect Zurich’s reputation by keeping claims information confidential.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, staying current with industry trends, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
• Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.
• Determine when to solicit input from more senior colleagues or managers for more complex issues, to ensure quality and promote continuous learning.
• May provide feedback on business processes and systems to identify opportunities for improvements.
• Ability to travel within 24 hours’ notice; required for Crop Travel Field Adjuster role
• Monitor and take responsibility for resources/cash, within defined procedures.
• Evaluate and assess costs and customer needs effectively to value and resolve cases within claims authority limits.
• Identify and comply with the main principles relevant to legal and regulatory controls that govern standard work practices.
• Collect data from well-established sources and prepare reports including commentary and analysis trends to facilitate the resolution of claims.
• Monitor claims handling protocol/customer service charter in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Provide clear feedback to customer’s enquiries and monitor specific issue handling and resolution.
• Resolve operational day-to-day problems referred from other functions of the business, ensuring an efficient and high-quality service is extended to all internal clients.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here (https://www.zurichna.com/careers) to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vets
Location(s): AM - Minnesota Virtual Office, AM - Illinois Virtual Office, AM - North Dakota Virtual Office, AM - South Dakota Virtual Office
Remote working: true
Schedule: Full Time