Zurich NA Market Facing Underwriter III / IV - D&O in Albany, New York
Market Facing Underwriter III / IV - D&O
Zurich North America islooking for a Market Facing Management Liability Underwriting Manager, D&O (Senior or AVP) to be based out of our New York City World Trade Center office. This role will be responsible for utilizing marketing and analytical skills to analyze and underwrite new and renewal business for Financial Lines Products (Directors and Officers, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability and Crime Insurance) for publicly traded companies. Training will be provided on utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework which you will leverage under general direction and within delegated authority levels on assignments of higher technical complexity ensuring a high-level service to customers. This is a market facing position thus we are seeking someone with a strong sales execution mindset and strong knowledge of financial lines/D&O policies.
This role will be filled at either the Senior or AVP level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skill set relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Underwrite and analyze new and renewal business utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting framework and within delegated authority levels on assignment of higher technical complexity and coordination.
Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business-related needs, as appropriate.
May provide guidance to lower-level associates.
Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
Supports the sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities.
Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
Senior, Market Facing Underwriter III
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area. For SURETY POSITIONS ONLY: Finance, Accounting, Banking. For Financial Lines positions only- Public, Management Liability and FI: Accounting, Banking, Risk Management. For Cyber positions only: Cybersecurity, Finance, Management Consulting. For CONSTRUCTION POSITIONS ONLY: Banking, Mortgage, Finance, Construction
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area, Public, Management Liability and FI: Accounting, Banking. Risk Management
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
Experience working in a team environment
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft Office experience
AVP, Market Facing Underwriter IV
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Experience with Microsoft Office
At least 5-6 years broking or underwriting D&O business
Advanced knowledge and practice of D&O line of business
Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
Ability to effectively assess risk
Ability to work in a team-based environment
Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
Strong presentation skills
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here (https://www.zurichna.com/careers) to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - New York
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: LI-MM1