Zurich NA Sr Property Risk Engineering Consultant in Virtual, Virginia
Zurich’s Risk Engineering Department is seeking a Sr Property Risk Engineering Consultant to join the East US Regional Team. This is a work from home role, ideally positioned within Virginia, will also consider Maryland. This role includes a company car with expected overall travel of 50% and overnight travel of 15-20%.
This Sr Property Risk Engineering Consultant is responsible for providing:
• Industry expert risk assessment services for customers and business partners.
• Advanced property consultative services to customers, including identifying and helping to resolve exposures with significant loss potential, investigating cause/effect of major losses and evaluating safety management programs.
• Advanced level training for customers, service design and coordination, and mentoring.
• Determining the Risk Quality of accounts based upon Risk Engineering reports.
• Marketing Zurich insurance products and services in conjunction with underwriting professionals and brokers across company business segments.
This position requires working with Underwriting business partners and the ability to multitask. Some account handling will be expected with this role which may include the review and turnaround of new business submissions.
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
Final candidates will be subject to a Motor Vehicle Record background check as this position includes a company car.
• Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area
• Experience working in a team environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Fire Science, or related degree
• Familiar with the use, understanding, and application of NFPA codes/standards
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Advanced knowledge of exposures controls
• Advanced knowledge within industry segment
• Certification in area of specialty; Risk Engineering
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Sr Property Risk Engineering Consultant*
**Other Locations:** *United States-Virginia, United States-Maryland-Baltimore, United States-Virginia-Virtual, United States-Maryland-Virtual, United States-Virginia-Richmond*
**Requisition ID:** *170004HG*