Zurich NA RCIS Crop Adjuster- Bakersfield, CA (Full Time) in Virtual, North Carolina
Join one of the leaders in the crop insurance industry as an Adjuster!
Zurich /RCIS is currently looking for a Crop Adjuster to work out of the Bakersfield area. This incumbent will work from their home office.
Our ideal candidate will live in Bakersfield, CA.
RCIS provides insurance and superior services through leading agents to protect America’s farmers and ranchers. It’s been an innovator in crop insurance since the crop insurance business was privatized by the federal government in 1980. Today it’s one of the nation’s largest crop insurance providers, offering risk management protection in all 50 states through a national network of about 4,000 professionally trained and licensed agents.
This is a great opportunity to serve the agricultural community.
As a Crop Adjuster, your primary accountabilities will include:
- Complete field inspections and related responsibilities such as reading maps and aerial photos, measuring field and storage bins, and discussing findings of crop loss with farmers
- Perform fact finding regarding crop damage; record information and transmit loss information to accurately determine potential damages
- Provide excellent service to our customers – both agents and policyholders (farmers)
- Utilize company software to electronically transmit claims information directly from the field to RCIS to ensure claims are processed timely and accurately
- Follow regulatory and company rules, policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more months of experience in the agricultural area
- Crop Adjuster Proficiency Program Certification (CAPP) must be obtained with 180 days of hire date.
- Reliable personal transportation and travel within territory
- RCIS Crop Adjuster Physical Requirements: walk in agricultural fields up to 3 miles, climb agricultural storage bins up to 25 feet, lift 25 lbs to 50 lbs, work outdoors in varying temperatures/weather conditions.Crop Adjuster Proficiency Program Certification (CAPP) must be obtained with 180 days of hire date.Reliable personal transportation and travel within territoryRCIS Crop Adjuster Physical Requirements: walk in agricultural fields up to 3 miles, climb agricultural storage bins up to 25 feet, lift 25 lbs to 50 lbs, work outdoors in varying temperatures/weather conditions.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Strong organization and prioritization skills
Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *RCIS Crop Adjuster- Bakersfield, CA (Full Time)*
**Other Locations:** *United States-North Carolina-Virtual*
**Requisition ID:** *170005TM*