Zurich NA Life Claims Anayst in Virtual, Connecticut
Amazing opportunity to work with one of the strongest global competitors in the insurance industry, starting a new business unit from the ground up. Through this agile and fast paced business launch, you'll have the opportunity to experience a once in a career opportunity to create a new Life, Disability and Absence Management organization with the latest technologies, industry leading experts, and a high performing culture at the center of this proposition.
Zurich has an open position for a Life Claims Analyst to support this business start-up at our CT Office Location. We will consider a partial telecommute arrangement. We seek a self-starting individual looking for a real career opportunity. This role requires a service oriented candidate with demonstrated ability to prioritize their workload in a fast-paced environment, with proven organization and time management skills.
Responsible for the management, investigation and decision making of complex life and AD&D claims within delegated authority to ensure that claims are handled in the most efficient, effective way while delivering a customer-centric claims service. Participates in the development of the strategic plan for Global Life claims.Works cooperatively across claim centers and offices to ensure coordination of services and sharing of best practices. Regularly monitors and evaluates activities to identify potential risks and issues of non-compliance.
• Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims area
• 10 or more years of direct line claims management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Knowledge of Life, Disability and Absence Management
- Project Management skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a matrix environment
- Demonstrate effective research skills
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Products
- Secures information and reviews coverages to determine liability for life claims
- Applies claims and target market knowledge to identify how individually and the wider organization can meet and exceed our customer claim service
- Recommend and implement changes to processes, systems
- Ensure that appropriate documentation, implementation and communication of established policy, procedures and operating standards is completed for area of responsibility
- Document claims file by accurately capturing and updating claims data/information in compliance with best practices
- Exercise judgment to determine liability by gathering and analyzing relevant facts
- Work to have a timely resolution to claims by developing case strategy; developing a case evaluation; escalating issues as appropriate
- Meet quality standards by following best practices
- Ensure customer service by proactively communicating information, responding to inquiries and follow customer protocols
- Ensure legal compliance by following state and federal laws and regulations and internal control requirements
- Serve as a technical resource by mentoring lower level claims professionals and sharing technical knowledge related to specific Line of Business expertise
- Protect Zurich’s reputation by keeping claims information confidential
- Business Travel, as required
Performance Management Accountabilities:
- Model behaviors that demonstrate commitment to corporate values
- Provide input into performance management discussions of project team members
- Educate team members and business partners on area of technical expertise
- Provide guidance and support for team members
- Take action to manage own personal development and encourage others to do the same
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Life Claims Anayst*
**Location:** *Connecticut-Rocky Hill*
**Other Locations:** *United States-Connecticut-Virtual*
**Requisition ID:** *17000685*