Zurich NA Application Support Specialist in Virtual, Connecticut
We're building a team of creative technology professionals who work on projects for our business start-up within Zurich North America, a stable, innovative, employee-focused company with over 140 years of experience. Roles for this dynamic team will include: Technical Lead, Architects, Development Manager, Test Lead, Salesforce Administrator, Thunderhead Administrator, and Salesforce Developers. Fast paced projects within this Group Life and Absence Management Solutions team will range from brand new development to improving what is already in place. While working in our Agile environment with critical deadlines, you can have the opportunity to positively affect the Insurance industry with your creative ideas, code-savvy ways, and commitment to help us deliver flawless solutions to our customers. Your enthusiasm, technical abilities, business acumen and excellent presentation skills will not go unnoticed, and career path opportunities will be a focus. We are seeking passionate individuals to be a part of this engaged, collaborative group to ensure that our goals, missions and projects are successfully delivered. As a Manager or Lead, not only will you guide the way but you will be hands on with the effort. Our Engineers will be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new challenges as we continue to push technology forward. And our Testing team will be thinking of ways to influence and improve testing practices and processes. We are looking for the best talent in the industry regardless of location, and are even open to virtual work situations. We currently have talent across the country with our core team in Plantation, FL and others located in Hartford, CT; Portland, ME and Overland Park, KS.
• Bachelors Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Software Programming Applications area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Software Programming Applications area
• Experience assisting with design, coding benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs
• Experience working with multiple phases of software systems programming applications
- Proven experience and strong expertise implementing Salesforce platforms in a large corporate setting
- Experience with Group Life and/or Disability
- Deep understanding of cloud computing and/or web-based solutions and technologies
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment and solid foundation in software development practices
- Experience delivering and supporting highly critical business applications in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to work independently and be self-accountable to deliver a high level of performance
- Strong communication skills that can be effective working in person as well as in remote situations
- Desire to work in a diverse environment interacting with many roles and teams made up of passionate industry experts working towards a common goal
- Interest in developing professional skillset and desire to network through participation in technology user groups, networking events, and technology organizations
- Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions
- Communicates with other infrastructure and technology specialists to streamline business processing workflows, integrating them
- May evaluate new application technologies and approaches to determine the usefulness and applicability to the organization
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner and has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing systems analysis and application development projects and programs
- Responsible to drive the development effort by participating in workshops, speaking about technical solutions, build prototypes and take on coding assignment
- Mentor and guide development team to understand technical design and development approaches to ensure overall software quality
- Be a strong technical leader who can prioritize well and has the ability to work in environments with competing and alternating priorities, with a constant focus on delivery
- Continually refine business acumen and establish domain / industry vertical expertise
- Interested in developing their professional network through participation in technology user groups, networking events, and technology organizations
Technology Buzz words:
Salesforce.com, Apex, Lightning, VisualForce, SQL Server, Informatica, Mulesoft, Thunderhead, SMS Magic, Bitbucket, Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence, DevOps
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Application Support Specialist*
**Other Locations:** *United States-Florida-Virtual, United States-Connecticut-Virtual*
**Requisition ID:** *170005A2*