Zurich NA Staff Legal Trial Attorney in Tampa, Florida
Zurich is currently searching for an experienced Trial Attorney to work in our Staff Legal Office in Tampa, FL. This high performing law office offers legal expertise in trial within state and federal courts, with extensive complex litigation.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a stable and well respected organization and represent its insureds in all phases of litigation for our most complex cases within General Liability. In addition to courtroom experience, the candidate will be engaging in the practice of law, at all times in compliance with the ethical standards as established by the national/local area of practice.
He/She will perform duties encompassing all aspects of defense, including initial investigation and legal analysis and advice, preparing and filing legal pleadings and documents, performing legal research, preparing for and conducting pre-trial discovery, preparing for and aggressively handling hearings and trials, conducting post-trial activities where appropriate, and a demonstrated ability to effectively analyze cases with a track record of proven success.
This role is viewed as mid-level resource within Staff Legal and will be recognized as a technical consultant and advisor both within and outside the company where assistance in providing technical guidance to lower level attorneys and claims will be paramount.
The ability to work independently and without substantial supervision is necessary.
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
- Juris Doctorate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the litigation areaAND
- Member of the Florida State Bar in good standing in jurisdictions(s) in which practice is located
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Experience working with Lexis or WestLaw
- Fundamental knowledge of the insurance industry, claims, and the insurance defense litigation legal environment
- Recent first chair jury trial experience
- A functional and extensive knowledge of the law and procedure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and a proactive approach to file handling and caseloads
- Ability to budget costs and calculate exposure for clients
- Efficient work habits, knowledge of billables and diary review with substantive and procedural legal knowledge
- Prior experience in an insurance defense environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Strong collaboration skills
- PC literate
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Staff Legal Trial Attorney*
**Requisition ID:** *170005PN*