Zurich NA Tax Specialist in Schaumburg, Illinois
Zurich is currently looking for a Tax Specialist to work out of our NorthAmerican head-quarters in Schaumburg, Illinois.
Working independently the Tax Specialist performs moderatelycomplex tax task and provides feedback to line managers and other colleagues toenable them to comply with tax regulations.
- Preparescomplex and reviews basic tax returns, including complex filings, supportingworkpapers, estimated tax payments, and various other tax compliance filingrequirements
- Preparesand reviews quarterly tax provision in accordance with IAS 12 and localStatutory accounting principles, including reports to management and the externalauditor, account reconciliations, tax basis balance sheet support, andexecution of internal controls
- Supportsthe company’s tax audits, responses to tax notices, and timely resolution ofother tax controversy matters
- Performstechnical research to address more complex tax issues, including planningopportunities
- Providesother tax support, which may include analyses of pending legislation,preparation of required transfer pricing documentation and reporting, andimplementation of legislative changes
- Analyzesprocesses and recommend improvements in the immediate area of responsibility
Client Internally Focused - The job’s coredeliverables rely on delivering service to internal clients, usually at theline manager or employee level. May involve sharing subject matter expertise toothers in the organization or supporting others in their efforts to deliver onour promise.
- Bachelor’sDegree in Accounting or Finance and 3 or more years of experience in theCorporate Tax areaOR
- HighSchool Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the CorporateTax areaAND
- Experiencewith Microsoft Office
- Advancedspreadsheet skills
- Strongorganization skills
- Abilityto balance competing priorities while continuing to meet deadlines
- Excellentinterpersonal and communication skills
- Master’sDegree in Tax and 2 or more years of experience in corporate tax in a medium tolarge corporation or public accounting firm
- Experiencein income tax
- Experiencewith CorpTax and/or SAP
- Insuranceindustry experience
- Statutoryaccounting knowledge
Imagine working for a company thattruly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communitiesthey serve.
Imagine working for avalues-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the bestglobal insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000employees across 200 countries and territories are all focused on helpingpeople and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. Weare a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do everyday and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
EOE Disability / Vets
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms oremployment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of ZurichAmerican Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our RecruitingAgency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Tax Specialist*
**Requisition ID:** *170006IV*