Zurich NA Tax Manager in Schaumburg, Illinois
Zurich is currently looking for a Tax Manager to work out of our North American head-quarters in Schaumburg, Illinois.
The Tax Manager leads certain aspects of tax accounting, reporting, planning, audits, and research to ensure consistency with tax standards.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Reviewing income tax returns, including complex filings, supporting work papers, estimated tax payments, and various other tax compliance filing requirements
- Reviewing quarterly tax provision in accordance with IAS 12 and local Statutory accounting principles, including reports to management and the external auditor, account reconciliations, tax basis balance sheet support, and execution of internal controls
- Supporting the company’s tax audits, responses to tax notices, and timely resolution of other tax controversy matters
- Performing technical research to address more complex tax issues, including planning opportunities
- Providing other tax support, which may include analyses of pending legislation, preparation of required transfer pricing documentation and reporting, and implementation of legislative changes.
- Assuring timely and accurate implementation of initiatives and drive them to completion
- Monitoring legislative and organization developments related to the selected functions
- May manage or supervise selected functions, including planning, implementation, scheduling, and timely completion
- Assisting the team to ensure that accounting processes and procedures are followed and completed to support and reinforce key business objectives
- Analyzing processes and recommending improvements in the immediate area of responsibility
- Performing and review SOX controls in line with Group internal guidelines
- Participating in local projects or initiatives, evaluates potential impact on local reporting units, performs local implementation of changes
Client Internally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to internal clients, usually at the line manager or employee level. May involve sharing subject matter expertise to others in the organization or supporting others in their efforts to deliver on our promise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and 6 or more years of experience in the Corporate Tax areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Corporate Tax area
- Experience with Microsoft OfficeExperience with Microsoft Office
- 6 or more years of experience in corporate tax in a medium to large corporation or public accounting firm
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Master’s Degree in Tax
- Progressive income tax experience in medium to large public accounting firms corporate tax department
- Experience with CorpTax and/or SAP
- Insurance industry experience
- Statutory accounting knowledge
- Ability to coordinate teams on long term projects
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
EOE Disability / Vets
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Tax Manager*
**Requisition ID:** *170004G4*