Zurich NA Senior Claims Adjuster (commercial lines: first party property and auto claims) in Schaumburg, Illinois
We arecurrently seeking an experienced adjuster to work out of our Schaumburglocation. At this level, you will handle a caseload of commercialproperty and auto inventory claims of moderate to high exposure and complexity.You will manage claims through full cycle to resolution, and in accordance withZurich’s best practices and authority limits. In this role, you will beexpected to manage your cases more independently, and handle communicationswith key contacts, customers and brokers.
You will be able to work fromhome 2-3 days per week. Approximately25% domestic travel will be required.
You will also be part of thecatastrophe response teams.
- Bachelor's Degreeand 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Litigation areaOR
- High SchoolDiploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims orLitigation areaOR
- Zurich approvedApprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 6 or more years ofexperience in the Claims Handling area within the Insurance industryOR
- Juris Doctor and5 or more years of experience in the Claims or Litigation areaAND
- Must obtain andmaintain required adjuster license(s)
- Knowledge of theinsurance industry, claims and the insurance legal and regulatory environment
- Customer serviceexperience
- Microsoft Office experience
- 5 or more yearsof claims experience in line of business
- Insurance designationssuch as SCLA, CPCU, AIC
- Strongcommunication skills
- Ability to workindependently
- Experience collaborating across workgroups
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Senior Claims Adjuster (commercial lines: first party property and auto claims)*
**Requisition ID:** *170004PP*