Zurich NA Reinsurance Controller in Schaumburg, Illinois
Zurich iscurrently looking for a Reinsurance Controller to work out of our NorthAmerican head-quarters in Schaumburg, Illinois.
The Reinsurance Controller is within Zurich's Group Reinsurance (Group Re) function; a globalfunction within Zurich's global finance function. Reinsurance within thisglobal function, encompasses everything involvedin managing Zurich's reinsurance activities. These activities include internaland external treaty reinsurance purchasing,reinsurance finance & operations, reinsurance recoveries(claims), reinsurance asset management, reinsurance analytics, life reinsurance, reinsurance legal as well asresponsibility for the governance and control over all forms of reinsurance (treaty,facultative and captive reinsurance) across the Zurichgroup. Group Reinsurance’s operating model is based on providing services outof three main hubs located in the UnitedStates, Bermuda and Switzerland.
The Reinsurance Controller will report directly tothe VP, Head of Reinsurance Finance North America. Thisposition will be directly accountable for ensuring the proper coordination,analysis and ongoing close related supportacross more specific reinsurance accounting focusedteams. The concentration of this role will be on attention to controls, processes, cross team analytics, “hot topics”,projects and ad hoc initiatives. This role also oversees our Canadianreinsurance finance team activities, our reporting, budget, planning andcertain foreign FAR reinsurance focused accounting activities/teams. Itis also expected to have strong influencesin helping to run the overall operation in junctionwith strong collaboration with the current management team, as well as,our other key stakeholders (e.x., FinancialAccounting & Reporting, Actuarial, Claims, etc.). This North American unit manages reinsurance recoverables inexcess of $18 billion, is responsible forthe proper annual accounting andsettlementof approximately $9 billion of assumed andceded premiums and has the fiduciary responsibility for reinsurance collateralof approximately $15 billion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountingor Finance and 10 or more years of experience in the Reinsurance/Insurance/Audit/Accountingarea within the Insurance industryOR
- High School Diploma orEquivalent and 12 or more years of experience in the Reinsurance area withinthe Insurance industry
- CPA / CPCU / CFA / CTP /MBA
- Advanced knowledge of thereinsurance finance operations
- Advanced knowledge ofaccounting concepts (both IFRS, STAT and/or OSFI)
- Advanced understanding offinancial reporting processes
- Advanced understanding ofinternal controls and the audit function
- Advanced leadershipability with experience leading other managers
- Ability to manager andparticipate in large projects
- Advance knowledge andexperience working with reinsurance contracts
- Knowledge of reinsuranceclaim recoverable process and link to direct claim processing required incertain roles
Technology experiencerelated to one or more of the following areas:
General ledger SAP
- Financial Reporting systems
Business Objects or otherquery tools
Strong verbal and writtencommunication skills
- People managementexperience
Imagine working for a company that truly caresabout their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organizationthat has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider inthe world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helpingcompanies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-drivenorganization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have theambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
EOE Disability / Vets
Zurichdoes not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies.Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance.If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal forresume submission.
**Title:** *Reinsurance Controller*
**Requisition ID:** *170006G0*