Zurich NA Financial Accountant in Schaumburg, Illinois
Zurich is currently looking for a Reconciliation/Process improvement Accountant to work out of our North American head-quarters in Schaumburg, Illinois.
The selected candidate willperform complex account reconciliations and journal entries with a focus on process improvement. This individual will ensure accounting processes and procedures are followed and completed to reinforce key business objectives.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Supporting various types of general and/or sub-ledger transactions relevant for Group reporting as well and local Globally Accepted Accounting Principles reporting
- Performing and reviewing statutory (SOX) controls in line with Group internal guidelines
- Processing moderate to complex transactions and related activities
- Performing accounting research and applies accounting theory to transactions
- Preparing complex reconciliations and clears all open items
- Preparing complex journal entries
- Preparing or reviewing ledger reports and explain the results
- Performing or reviewing close related ledger tasks, e.g. accruals, provisions, journals postings
- Preparing or reviewing accounts reconciliations on timely basis in accordance with Group internal control guidelines
- Preparing and analyzing variance and trends with remediation and action plans
- Identifying potential process improvements and efficiencies
- Communicating moderately complex concepts and subject matter to supervisors and outside vendors or customers
- Participating in local projects or initiatives, evaluates potential impact on local reporting units and performs local implementation of changes
- May be responsible for collections and settlements
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Accounting or Finance areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Accounting or Finance areaAND
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Insurance industry experience
- Intermediate general ledger transactional experience
- Project management experience
- CPA preferred
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office experience
- Technology experience related to one or more of the following areas: General ledger, financial reporting systems, Business Objects or other query tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
EOE Disability / Vets
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Financial Accountant*
**Requisition ID:** *170005JQ*