Zurich NA Data Scientist I in Schaumburg, Illinois
Zurich is currently looking for a Data Scientist I to work in our Predictive Analytics Center of Excellence in our North American head-quarters in Schaumburg, Illinois. The Data Science Team is responsible for moving from Insights to Impact. The focus will be on delivering Predictive Analytics projects to deliver impact for our business partners across multiple lines of business.
As part of the Zurich Predictive Analytics Center of Excellence, the Data Scientist will:
- Partner with end-users to solve business challenges by applying advanced analytical techniques to complex data sets that deliver financial results
- Understand and structure business challenges for insight generation
- Scan a broad spectrum of internal and external, structured and unstructured data sources to define the data needed to test the hypotheses
- Generate distinctive risk insights
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships throughout the organization
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous education and personal development on areas of technical expertise and share knowledge with team members and business partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics and 2 or more years of experience in the transforming data and developing insights for use in business decision areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent in Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics and 4 or more years of experience in the transforming data and developing insights for use in business decision areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics and 2 or more years of experience in the transforming data and developing insights for use in business decision areaAND
- Experience applying data transformation techniques such as exact and probabilistic matching methods; fuzzy matching, text mining, and data reduction
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other relevant STEM degree or Ph.D. preferred
- Advanced understanding of statistical and predictive modeling techniques such as generalized linear modeling, decision trees, association rules, clustering, regression, machine learning, probability networks, and neural networks
- Experience with programming and data tools such as SAS, R, Python, MATLAB, SQL Server, Hadoop, Hive, Pig etc.
- Experience in applying data transformation techniques such as such as exact and probabilistic matching methods (e.g. fuzzy matching), text mining, and data reduction
- Professional experience transforming data and/or developing insights for use in business decisions
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to share recommendations to audiences at varying levels of analytic understanding using excellent verbal and written communication skill
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
EOE Disability / Vets
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Data Scientist I*
**Requisition ID:** *170003ND*