Zurich NA Catastrophe Modeler, Commercial insurance in Schaumburg, Illinois
Zurich is seeking a Catastrophe Modeler to join our team!
You will have an opportunity to be partof a global team of experienced Cat Modelers. Projects and assignments focus on assessing catastrophe exposures to theorganization. You will handle a varietyof assignments to provide expert solutions to Zurich’s customers through acollaborative partnership with business units and leaders to enable achievementof their strategic business plans.
- Calculatecatastrophe exposure for all business segments and/or perils withinresponsibility assigned
- Validatesdata received from business segments and interprets best fit for catastrophemodeling, while seeking to improve data quality within the business unitsand/or seeking of additional fields which could improve the modeling process
- Contributeto business plans and pricing strategies
- Supportskey aspects of portfolio management, including analysis to monitorprofitability and growth of assigned business segment and/or peril
- Maylead projects for research, experience studies and other statistical analyses
- Reportsand communicates peril accumulations to business segment and/or seniormanagement in the frequency required
- Provideconsolidated views for local regulatory authorities as required.
- Leadand participate in catastrophe management initiatives for business units and/orsegments as needs arise
- Providessupport for development of rates, rating plans, and pricing strategies
- Influencethe development and implementation of strategies involving catastrophic pricingand the optimization of capital
- Assistsgroup risk management and reinsurance
- Demonstratesspecialized knowledge and expertise in products and industry and leads projectsto develop technical standards and obtains objectives
- Supportunderwriters and account executive on pricing decision, as needed
Thisposition will be located in Schaumburg, IL.
Nominalbusiness travel to attend professional development seminars and conferenceofferings may be required.
- Bachelor’sDegree in Finance or quantitative discipline in, but not limited to Statistics,Mathematics, Meteorology Natural Sciences and 3 or more years of experience inthe Catastrophe Modeling areaOR
- Master’sdegree in Financial or quantitative discipline in, but not limited toStatistics, Mathematics, Meteorology or Natural Sciences with 1 or more yearsof experience in the Catastrophe Modeling areaOR
- PhD inFinancial or quantitative discipline, in but not limited to Statistics,Mathematics, Meteorology or Natural Sciences with 0 or more years of experiencein the Catastrophe Modeling areaAND
- Experiencewith catastrophe models such as AIR, RMS and EQE
- Insuranceand/or Reinsurance industry experience
- Experiencewith data mining, manipulation and analysis
- Knowledgeof data visualization
- Knowledgeof mapping software
- Analyticaland problem solving skills
- Experiencecollaborating across functional business groups
- Strongpresentation, verbal and written communication skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Catastrophe Modeler, Commercial insurance*
**Requisition ID:** *17000707*