Zurich NA Senior Market Facing Underwriter, Umbrella in San Francisco, California
Zurich Insurance is currently looking for an experience Senior Underwriter with strong relationships to support the growing Umbrella book of business of our Western region. This is a market-facing position based in San Francisco and you will work within broad limits and authority. This position requires a strong background in underwriting large construction risks including practice policies and project/wrap-up programs. As a member of Zurich’s Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills. Specifically, you will underwrite and analyze new and renewal umbrella accounts.
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
Our Senior Umbrella Underwriter is responsible for:
- Underwriting, analyzing and generating new and renewal umbrella business
- Marketing and production for the Commercial Insurance Casualty Division
- Following underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating rules.
- Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships within the territory scope of the west from Colorado and Arizona to the entire west coast.
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaAND
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience with umbrella underwriting specifically construction underwriting in the western marketplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong knowledge of Excess Casualty and Umbrella lines of business.
- Strong Retail Broker relationships
- Demonstrated technical knowledge (including risk selection and analysis), and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility.
- Ability to understand and support price adequacy initiatives with underwriting actions.
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Maintain superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating
- Motivation to own certain broker relationships and to design action plans for improvement when needed
- Desire to “pipeline” accounts with particular brokers such that new business is constantly in focus.
- Ability to cross-sell with other departments in a team-playing environment
- PC and related software skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Senior Market Facing Underwriter, Umbrella*
**Location:** *California-San Francisco*
**Requisition ID:** *170007S3*