Zurich NA Senior Underwriter in Quebec, Canada
To analyze and underwrite new and renewal business, under general direction, utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on assignments of higher technical complexity ensuring a high level service to customers.The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
• Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
• Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Bachelors Degree
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Underwrite and analyze new and renewal business utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting framework and within delegated authority levels on assignment of higher technical complexity and coordination.
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
- Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate.
- May provide guidance to lower level associates.
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
- Supports the sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Collaborate with Risk Services and Claims
- Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
- Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose
- Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
- Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account
- Participate in Sales Team meeting as related to assigned brokers and / or territory.
- Proactively engage in the target account process, managing a qualified list of opportunities 90 to 120 days prior to effective date.
- Update required systems with details of broker / client visits and account status within specified time frame.
- Serve as key Zurich contact for assigned target accounts.
- Calculate Target Price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
- Measure exposures/analyze risk.
- Quote and set coverage, negotiate terms and conditions.
- Service accounts, handles declination's/cancellations.
- Participate in marketing presentations to assigned agents/brokers.
- Provide technical advice that enables a customer to solve a problem or improve business.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships by meeting regularly with customers when no specific initiative is underway.
- Anticipate customer needs, monitor trends in order to recommend changes.
- Analyze needs, develop and recommend alternatives for improvements to processes, customer service or products.
- Business Travel, as required
- Extended Hours during Peak Periods, as required
- Regular Predictable Attendance
- Visibility in the Office, as required
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
**Title:** *Senior Underwriter*
**Requisition ID:** *170006F3*