Zurich NA Salesforce Developer in Plantation, Florida
Amazing opportunity to work with one of the strongest global competitors in the insurance industry, starting a new business unit from the ground up. Through this agile and fast paced business launch, you'll have the opportunity to experience a once in a career opportunity to create a new Life, Disability and Absence Management organization with the latest technologies, industry leading experts, and a high performing culture at the center of this proposition.
Zurich has an open position for a Salesforce Developer to support this business start-up. We seek a self-starting individual looking for a real career opportunity. This role requires a service oriented candidate with demonstrated ability to prioritize their workload in a fast-paced environment, with proven organization and time management skills.
This position is responsible for developing Salesforce.com solutions for all or part of an assigned project(s). As a subject matter expert on Salesforce.com, this position has system-wide responsibility on complex components or complex projects, and leverages knowledge of applications development methodologies and other technologies to produce comprehensive solutions, within the agreed quality, service commitment levels, schedules and budgets. Provides direction for an entire project or a project team.
• Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Application Design and Development area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Application Design and Development area
• Experience in 1 or more Salesforce.com implementations
• Developer (DEV401) Building Applications with Forcecom and Visualforce certification
• Advanced Developer (DEV501) Apex and Visualforce Controllers
- Participate in software development on the Salesforce.com platform
- Contribute to the development effort by participating in workshops, speaking about technical solutions, build prototypes and take on coding assignment
- Attend daily stand-ups, sprint planning sessions, and retrospectives to plan, track, and code development tasks
- Translate simple to complex user stories into functional and actionable software within the Salesforce environment
- Collaborate on and inform cross-functional teams of new feature technical design, technical requirements, limitations, and implementation
- Perform unit testing, integration testing, and performance testing of new product functionality. Analyze and mitigate issues identified during testing
- Ability to facilitate and actively participate in meetings with representatives from multiple business and/or IT units
- Be a strong technical leader who can prioritize well and has the ability to work in environments with competing and alternating priorities, with a constant focus on delivery
- Continually refine business acumen and establish domain / industry vertical expertise
- Interested in developing their professional network through participation in technology user groups, networking events, and technology organizations
- Understanding of cloud computing and/or web-based solutions and technologies including PaaS/ETL tools (JitterBit, MuleSoft, Informatica, Cast Iron, Boomi, Orcale SOA Suite), and Side-server scripting language (PHP, Python, Ruby)
- Understanding of system and data integration architecture and a strong understanding of relational databases (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Possess or desire to pursue Force.com Certified Developer Certification
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Salesforce Developer*
**Requisition ID:** *170003LV*