Zurich NA Business Systems Analyst in Plantation, Florida
We're building a team of creative technology professionals who work on projects for our business start-up within Zurich North America, a stable, innovative, employee-focused company with over 140 years of experience. Roles for this dynamic team will include: Technical Lead, Architects, Development Manager, Test Lead, Salesforce Administrator, Thunderhead Administrator, and Salesforce Developers. Fast paced projects within this Group Life and Absence Management Solutions team will range from brand new development to improving what is already in place. While working in our Agile environment with critical deadlines, you can have the opportunity to positively affect the Insurance industry with your creative ideas, code-savvy ways, and commitment to help us deliver flawless solutions to our customers. Your enthusiasm, technical abilities, business acumen and excellent presentation skills will not go unnoticed, and career path opportunities will be a focus. We are seeking passionate individuals to be a part of this engaged, collaborative group to ensure that our goals, missions and projects are successfully delivered. As a Manager or Lead, not only will you guide the way but you will be hands on with the effort. Our Engineers will be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new challenges as we continue to push technology forward. And our Testing team will be thinking of ways to influence and improve testing practices and processes. We are looking for the best talent in the industry regardless of location, and are even open to virtual work situations. We currently have talent across the country with our core team in Plantation, FL and others located in Hartford, CT; Portland, ME and Overland Park, KS.
Serves as a liaison between the Business and IT to provide solutions to their business systems needs; understands customers objectives, processes, and products as well as the business systems capabilities to formulate, define, document and implement systems scope and objectives to develop and provides solutions.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science or Engineering and 8 or more years of experience in the Information Technology area
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Information Technology area
Process reengineering; LEAN/Six Sigma experience
Experience with process modeling tools
Insurance application system design/analysis experience
Experience with use case development
Experience with Rapid Application Development (RAD) tools/techniques
- Proven experience and strong expertise implementing Salesforce platforms in a large corporate setting
- Experience with Group Life and/or Disability Products
- Deep understanding of cloud computing and/or web-based solutions and technologies
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment and solid foundation in software development practices
- Experience delivering and supporting highly critical business applications in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to work independently and be self-accountable to deliver a high level of performance
- Strong communication skills that can be effective working in person as well as in remote situations
- Desire to work in a diverse environment interacting with many roles and teams made up of passionate industry experts working towards a common goal
- Interest in developing professional skillset and desire to network through participation in technology user groups, networking events, and technology organizations
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system
- Defines project scope; develops functional specifications; prepares Solution Design document(s)
- Understands customers’ objectives, processes, and products in order to make educated recommendations
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned
- Supports the Application Subject Matter Experts (SME) in development of estimates / validation of suppliers’ estimates
- Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan
- Drives day-to-day prioritization of work on capabilities
- Supports Application SME in creating the Conceptual Design of system, where appropriate
- Leads large analysis efforts, affecting multiple functional areas
Technology Buzz words:
Salesforce.com, Apex, Lightning, VisualForce, SQL Server, Informatica, Mulesoft, Thunderhead, SMS Magic, Bitbucket, Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence, DevOps
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Business Systems Analyst*
**Requisition ID:** *170003LM*