Zurich NA Auto Service Contract Associate in Overland Park, Kansas
Zurich is hiring a Service Contract Claims Associate in our Overland Park KS office.
The chosen candidate will with direct supervision, investigates, evaluates and concludes low exposure, low complexity, mechanical breakdown claims by following established protocols to ensure that claims are handled in the most efficient, effective way while delivering a customer-centric claims service.
Determines causes of failures and reviews specific contract language to apply applicable coverage for loss. Provides technical support to external sales staff and communicates primarily with service shops, dealership personnel, and claimants to gather information and resolve claims.
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Claims area
OR + Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and No prior experience required in the Claims area
AND + Customer service experience + Experience with Microsoft Office
- Associate Degree or Bachelors Degree in automotive technology
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Organization and time management skills
- Experience with collaboration and working across work groups
- Field incoming calls from dealerships, service shops, and inspectors regarding low exposure, low complexity, mechanical breakdown claims.
- Make outbound calls to dealerships, service shops, inspectors, and vendors per specified time frame to resolve outstanding claims.
- Document claims file by accurately capturing and updating claims data/information in compliance with Best Practices for low exposure, low complexity, mechanical breakdown claims.
- Determine liability by gathering relevant facts; determining applicable contractual coverage, establishing basic principles of causality, and determining most appropriate replacement/repair solution.
- Confirm policy existence by identifying contractual coverage on mechanical breakdown claims.
- Work to have a timely resolution to claims by determining most appropriate replacement/repair solution and verifying or negotiating costs and labor hours associated.
- May negotiate settlement of claim by establishing appropriate negotiation strategy and utilizing available tools and resources within authority limits.
- Meet quality standards by following best practices.
- Ensure customer service by proactively communicating information, responding to inquiries, and following customer protocols.
- Ensure legal compliance by following state and federal laws and regulations and internal control requirements.
- Refer claim to subrogation and fraud teams by identifying potential subrogation and fraud.
- Protect Zurich´s reputation by keeping claims information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by maintaining certifications and attending educational workshops.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.
- Business Travel, as required
- Mandatory Overtime during Peak Periods/Shift Work/Holiday Work, as required
- Regular Predictable Attendance
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Auto Service Contract Associate*
**Location:** *Kansas-Overland Park*
**Requisition ID:** *170004W9*