Zurich NA Sr. Property Underwriter in Ontario, Canada
To analyze and underwrite new and renewal property business, under general direction, utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on assignments of higher technical complexity ensuring a high level service to customers.
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
• Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Make agent/broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
• Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account.
• Serve as key contact for assigned target accounts.
• Measure exposure/analyze risk.
• Provide expertise on coverage issues with claims programs and guidelines.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Property Underwriting or Market Facing area
College Degree with 3 or more years of experience in the Property Underwriting or Market Facing area
• Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Property Underwriting or Market Facing area
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience working in a team environment
• Bachelors Degree
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Microsoft Office experience
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
**Title:** *Sr. Property Underwriter*
**Requisition ID:** *170006LV*