Zurich NA Senior Market Facing Underwriter, Financial Institutions Management and Professional Liability in New York, New York
Zurich is currently looking for a Senior Market Facing Underwriter with Financial Institutions Management and Professional Liability underwriting experience for our Private Equity and Asset Management Team in our New York or Chicago Office. This is a highly technical and market facing position and requires experience with General Partners Liability, D&O, Employment Practices, Fiduciary Liability and Security & Privacy line of business. This position will focus on Private Equity Firms, Hedge Funds and Registered Advisors.
This position is Client Externally Focused and the job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
This position is responsible for:
- Underwriting and analyzing new and renewal business
- Market facing and working with all classes of business
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaAND
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience with Management Liability Lines of Business
- Bachelor’s Degree
- In depth knowledge of D&O, Employment Practices, Fiduciary Liability, Insurance Company Professional Liability, and Security & Privacy
- Experience with Banks, Insurance Companies, REITs and Life Agent E&O Programs
- Knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures and knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Strong negotiation skill
- Strong broker relationships
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiation.
- Possess a high level of customer service by meeting or exceeding broker and or customer expectations with respect to required deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Senior Market Facing Underwriter, Financial Institutions Management and Professional Liability*
**Location:** *New York-New York*
**Requisition ID:** *170005TL*