Zurich NA Market Facing Underwriter I, Management Liability, Corporate Accounts, New York in New York, New York
Zurich Insurance is currently looking for a Market Facing Underwriter with D&O, EPL, Fiduciary & Crime experience for our Management Solutions Team in our New York Office.
The ideal candidate will work in a team setting to underwrite and perform financial analysis for Companies with specific focus on Corporate Accounts. Our Underwriters analyze and underwrite new and renewal business, under general direction, utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on assignments of higher technical complexity ensuring a high level service to customers.
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
- Generating, underwriting and analyzing Corporate Organizations. Products of focus include Crime, EPL, D&O and FLC.
- External market facing position that includes significant production growth goals within the Specialties organization.
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules.
- Develop long lasting and productive relationships with the external broker and agency communities as well as other internal Zurich business units.
- Team based collaborative approach to underwriting that includes numerous face to face customer and broker interactions.
- Identify and calculate the potential risk of loss from policyholders while establishing appropriate premium rates following Zurich guidelines.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 1 or more years of experience in the Insurance areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaAND
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and the legal and regulatory environment
- Knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree
- In-depth knowledge of D&O, EPL, Fiduciary & Crime lines of business
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating
- Strong presentation skills and a solutions and service orientation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively assess risk
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Market Facing Underwriter I, Management Liability, Corporate Accounts, New York*
**Location:** *New York-New York*
**Requisition ID:** *1700067S*