Zurich NA Senior Actuarial Analyst in Jersey City, New Jersey
Zurich is currently looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to work out of our New Jersey, NJ office or our North American head-quarters based out of Schaumburg, IL.
Zurich plays an integral role in the development and execution of tools that support pricing programs for our various commercial business lines. The team collaborates with various areas in the organization including Underwriting, Predictive Analytics, Finance, Information Technology, Line of Business Pricing and Transactional Pricing.
As part of our Technical Underwriting business unit, you will have the opportunity to provide your actuarial technical expertise and thought leadership for many commercial insurance products. You will be accountable for projects and initiatives, cross-functional collaboration, and the communication of information and results across the organization. In this role, you will:
- Lead projects and initiatives in support of underwriting portfolio management
- Complete profitability reviews, account tiering, and develop pricing metrics
- Develop reporting dashboards to facilitate portfolio management across underwriting
- Work with various business units and line of business actuaries as they evaluate pricing models and strategize opportunities for pricing simplification
- Communicate information and results to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences across the organization and senior leadership
- Support junior actuaries and provide mentorship as necessary
As part of the actuarial organization at Zurich, you will have long term career opportunities that include exposure to a broad array of commercial product lines and markets as well as different actuarial functional teams such as pricing, pricing tools, reserving, predictive analytics, etc. We also offer a large population of credentialed and actuarial professionals at a variety of career levels, providing opportunity for learning and mentoring alongside dedicated industry professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics/Statistics or Actuarial Sciences and 5 or more years of experience in the Actuarial areaAND
- Active participation in the Actuarial Study Program towards achievement of designation and successful completion of five or more actuarial exams
- Experience in multiple functional areas pricing, reserving, capital management and in multiple business units
- ACAS or FCAS
- Previous actuarial experience with P&C commercial business lines
- Knowledge and skills reflective of a senior practitioner who has progressed within Actuarial positions of increasing responsibility
- Successful completion of 5 or more actuarial exams
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or knowledge of statistical analysis software
- Programming knowledge in Tableau, VBA, SQL, SAS, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in order to partner cross functionally within the organization
- Solid project management and organizational skills to work on multiple priorities, establish and meet deadlines
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
EOE Disability / Vets
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Senior Actuarial Analyst*
**Location:** *New Jersey-Jersey City*
**Other Locations:** *United States-Illinois-Schaumburg*
**Requisition ID:** *170004FR*