Zurich NA Senior Actuarial Analyst II in Jersey City, New Jersey
Zurich is currently looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst for the Management Liability Lines of Business to work out of our North American head-quarters in Schaumburg, Illinois.
Our team is responsible for ensuring that Zurich North America’s pricing and rating methodologies support profitable growth of Management Liability lines of business. As an experienced professional on this team, you will leverage your actuarial expertise and consultative skills in close collaboration with key internal business partners. You will play an integral role in the development and implementation of actuarial pricing strategies and portfolio management in support of ZNA’s business strategy.
You will provide:
- insight development through actuarial analyses and collaboration with insurance professionals from other disciplines
- actionable syndication of results supporting portfolio management
- continuous improvement in Technical Price sophistication via pricing tools and predictive analytics.
- Support Management Liability Technical Underwriting Team in developing pricing strategies, portfolio management initiatives, and deep dives.
- Monitor actual performance against plan
- Rate making, new product development and reporting
- Design and develop alternative and/or additional methods for pricing
- Develop appropriate rates, rating plans and reserving systems
- Develop projections and forecasts for planning
- Review and interpret rate and rule changes
- Where appropriate, provide actuarial support for various national/local filings, regulatory or management requirements.
- Analyze loss experience, loss trends and expenses,
- Develop rate indications and evaluate pricing levels
This position will be located in Schaumburg, IL, Chicago, IL, or Jersey City, NJ (location flexible). Occasional business travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Actuarial areaAND
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field with a mathematical, statistical or numerate background
- Experience in multiple functional areas (pricing, reserving, capital management) and in multiple business units
- Actuarial experience that includes a combination of reserving and pricing experience, diversified business lines that include commercial lines of business
- Project management skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
EOE Disability / Vets
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Senior Actuarial Analyst II*
**Other Locations:** *United States-New Jersey-Jersey City, United States-Illinois-Chicago*
**Requisition ID:** *170005ZN*