Zurich NA Senior Commercial Surety Underwriter in Houston, Texas
Zurich North America is currently looking for a Senior Commercial Surety Underwriter for our Surety division in our South Region. The candidate can be located in one of our Zurich South Region Offices to include Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, North/South Carolina.
We are looking for Commercial Surety product and/or credit and risk analysts that have experience analyzing and evaluating public/private companies and financial/market trends. We are also looking for someone with excellent market facing and technical skills.
Our Senior Commercial Surety Underwriter is responsible for:
• Marketing Zurich's Surety products and services.
• Developing, underwriting, and managing a portfolio of Surety business.
• Building and maintaining relationships with brokers and customers and maintaining an awareness and presence within the Industry.
• Working within broad limits of authority while administering and monitoring adherence to underwriting rules and guidelines.
• Collaborating with other underwriting teams within Zurich, as well as operations, claims, risk management and finance.
• Participating on special projects and key initiative teams.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
• Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced knowledge and practice of Commercial Surety lines of business.
- Strong relationship management, sales execution and pipeline development skills
- Strong presence and network of Brokers in the Southeast Territory
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
- Possess knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating.
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills and a solutions and service orientation.
- PC and related software skills.
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Senior Commercial Surety Underwriter*
**Other Locations:** *United States-South Carolina-Charleston, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Georgia-Atlanta*
**Requisition ID:** *170004WZ*