Zurich NA Middle Markets Underwriter II in Charlotte, North Carolina
Zurich is currently looking for Middle Markets Underwriter II to support the growing multi- line book of business from our Zurich Atlanta or Charlotte offices. The Middle Markets Underwriter II will be responsible for a sizable book of business and will lend coaching and developmental support to junior staff. As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills. Specifically, you will underwrite and analyze new and renewal property and casualty accounts. This is a market facing position and you will work on assignments of higher technical complexity ensuring a high level of service to customers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in commercial underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaAND
- Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Middle market account underwriting experience
- Multi- line underwriting background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Middle Markets Underwriter II*
**Other Locations:** *United States-North Carolina-Charlotte*
**Requisition ID:** *170007BW*