Zurich NA Senior Contract Surety Underwriter in Atlanta, Georgia
Zurich North America is currently looking for a Contract Surety Underwriter for our Surety Division in our Atlanta, GA office. We are looking for Contract Surety product and/or credit and risk analyst with experience analyzing and evaluating public/private companies and financial/market trends. We are looking for someone with excellent market facing and technical skills.
High Level Influencer Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on influencing or negotiating with external contacts on strategic impact matters. Relationships typically involve persuading or countering opposition, often with vendor representatives or senior management level customers.
Our Contract Surety Underwriter is responsible for:
- Marketing Zurich's Surety products and services.
- Developing, underwriting, and managing a portfolio of Surety business.
- Managing the selection/denial of new and/or renewal business.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with brokers and customers.
- Developing, administering and monitoring complex underwriting rules and guidelines.
- Investigating, recommending and leading product development efforts.
- Assures development and implementation of policy, procedures and standards to produce profitable underwriting results.
- Working in close collaboration with other teams within Zurich, including risk management, operations and finance.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaAND
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced knowledge and practice of line/s of business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Strong presentation skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Senior Contract Surety Underwriter*
**Requisition ID:** *170003JJ*