Zurich NA Cognos Architect in Anoka, Minnesota
RCIS (Rural Community Insurance Services) is currently hiring a Cognos Architect. This person will architect and implement Cognos Analytic solutions against SQL Server BI data sources. Responsibilities include working with users and development staff to determine and document requirements, providing work estimates, architecting and defining Cognos Analytic solutions against SQL Server BI data sources using Cognos Framework Manager, work with other DBA team members to create DB objects and SSIS packages where needed, and knowledge sharing with team members.
This person will report to a Sr. Technology Manager and will work in our Anoka, MN office.
- Bachelor Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Data Management area OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Data Management area AND
- Experienced in data interrogation, data profiling or data modeling
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced SQL, SAS, Erwin, Data Quality Tools, ETL skills
- Insurance industry experience
- 2 years of experience with IBM Cognos Framework Manager including namespace definition, data source definition, parameter maps, importing metadata, data filtering, using determinants, model layer (foundation, consolidation and presentation) definition, virtual dimension and fact definitions, package definition and publishing, user security
- 3 years of experience with Cognos Report development and Report performance tuning
- 3 years of experience with MS SQL Server BI suite including SQL DB, SSIS and SSAS
- 3 years of experience with MS SQL Server query writing and tuning
- 3 years of experience creating views and stored procedures for reporting
- Able to work effectively in a team environment D
- Detail oriented
- Strong organization skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Access.
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Cognos Architect*
**Requisition ID:** *170004AX*